Monday, March 9, 2009

Not much going on?

I have class at 8 AM three days a week. It's really hard for me to wake up for those classes.

Matt Lowes told me I probably wouldn't use my water bottle (klean kanteen - I'm on the bandwagon) very often, but I'm using it all the time. Unfortunately, however, its mouth is wide, but not as wide as a Nalgene so I'm not careful when I drink from it, and it always gets all over my shirt. That just happened. Not much has been going on here - just class. I have to pick a place to go during our April vacation, and I don't know which place to choose.

Not much is happening over here on my side. My classmates are pretty cool - there's a French girl that sits next to me that like appeared the second week of class. She's kind of interesting. The other kids are Korean, American, Japanese, Italian, and one guy from Kazhkstan. Did I spell that right? We went out for dinner a couple times, eat lunch together almost every day, and went kareoking once. Did I spell that right too? I guess one of them knew this other Chinese guy who, through them, I am now friends with, and he is pretty cool. Since the foreign students all either live off campus or in a foreign student only dorm, and I'm taking just Chinese language classes, I don't get many opportunities to interact with Chinese people, so I'm glad I met him. Apparently he competes in kareoke competitions. Legit. The only other Chinese friend I have is this guy I play ball with - he says playing with other Chinese kids is boring cause most of them aren't good, so he plays with the foreigners. It's fun.

I looked at my guitar case a minute ago and saw my Alpine Shop sticker (for those of you who haven't seen, it says ski today work tomorrow), and was very obviously reminded of my lack of skiing. Depressing. I check tramdock.com (part of the backcountry.com corporation, a monolithic online outdoors gear merchant) like a billion times a day. I also check it's new sister-site, brociety.com which sells snowboard gear. I have a bit of an issue looking at a website titled "Brociety" though. It seriously makes me feel a little dirty inside.

Anyway, seriously there's nothing going on over here. I need to study for my quiz tomorrow, so you guys make the effort - tell me what's up on your end.

No comments: