Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Babies

I have been trying really hard to think about things I want to write about on my blog. One idea was toilet paper, since it's come up before. It's a lot cheaper apparently if you get toilet paper without the cardboard tube in the middle, and we don't have like a rack/dispenser for it anyway in our bathroom, so I think I'm going to pick up some sweet tubeless toilet paper soon. Maybe I'll take a picture and put it here. That would be kind of interesting and also desperate.

Aceyalone's Magnificent City CD is really good. I haven't listened to this in hella days. I remember LiveJournal used to have the currently listening to and currently feeling little blurbs for each entry. That was hella days ago.

Anyway, I had a really cute experience today. I got to class a little late, but during my lunch break I was outside laying on a little patch of grass outside the classroom because the weather has just been super gorgeous in the last couple days. After maybe fifteen minutes just lying down enjoying the sun and the light cool breeze, I heard the yells of little kids. There were three of them running toward me with a jumprope. I sat up to observe, and it was just so adorable - they were maybe between 2 and 4 years old, and the older boy and younger girl were taking turns holding and jumping of the rope. It was just so cute! The boy had to go, though, so I helped out the little girl by holding the other end of the rope so she could jump over. After a while of this, she ran around to her grandmother (I think) and gave her the biggest hug over her shoulders. It was seriously a moment where I was convinced of the work of God. The little girl just clearly loved her grandmother (I think) with such an innocent, pure love. And she was really cute. I ended up having a short conversation with the grandmother (I think) about job opportunities in China versus those in America and all that business with the world financial crisis. In Chinese!

The grandmother (I think) told the girl to thank the xiao shushu (sorry I still haven't figured out how to type Chinese) in reference to me. I can't believe I'm a shushu instead of a gege now. Oh, shu shu means younger uncle and gege means older brother. I feel like that's a right of passage into adulthood, and it freaks me out. Weird!

No comments: