Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Complex Analysis

So it's 1:05 AM, and I still feel numb and cold from my Complex Analysis midterm examination. Today was a day of many firsts. First time it snowed this Fall/Winter, first time I've ever been the last person in a class taking an exam, first time I've ever gone over the time limit, etc. Complex Analysis owns me. If you are curious, here is an introduction: Complex Analysis at Wikipedia.

Enough about that (and schoolwork in general). I love guitaring and my guitar and other nice guitars. I'm learning how to play Satin Doll (it's famous?), and it feels really great to be challenged and to learn new stuff on the guitar. Very exciting. In other news, I've narrowed my prospective job possibilities: TFA math teacher, hopefully near home; lawyer, currently considering immigration law; or, if there are any jobs left, marketing and strategy consulting. I feel really behind on the last one due to my lack of economics and business background, but my dad keeps on telling me not to worry cause I'm such an attractive job candidate. Man I wish I could believe that.

I guess not much has been going on besides that and schoolwork. Man my life here is boring haha. That's what midterms do to you right. As a sidenote, for anyone at home who reads this, I just found out our favorite Ninja Turtle, Al Harrington, now has his own brand of shoes in the vein of Starburys. I really want to get a pair now, and they are those "inexpensive to support the kids" shoes, which I really respect (not like Shaq who doesn't even wear his shoes). Plus, finally sweet cheap shoes in Warriors colors. Holler at me if you want to go to a game over Winter break. Also, I'm considering skipping two days of class before Thanksgiving to go down to Philly early to see the Warriors play the Sixers on that Sunday. Too ridiculous?

The face of Protege Footwear

2 comments:

Amanda Q said...

I would totally go with you if this stupid big blue thing we call the Atlantic weren't in my way :(

Allie said...

You had snow already? I'm sort of jealous. Although spring on the beach is pretty nice too. I hope your life isn't completely being consumed by math and that everything is going well!