Saturday, August 8, 2009

End of my hiatus

Hi internet! I'm sorry I've been neglecting you for so long. Well, to let you guys know (my huge readership and everything), I've been back in the United States (los Estados Unidos) for just about three weeks now, and it's been nice. However, some of you seem to think that this means I should change the title of my blog.

I'm still not at Middlebury though, so it will still be called Not at Midd for at least another several weeks.

Anyway, just a life update - so after China banned blogspot, I got very lazy/spent my time on other things. Then I got back...and that stayed about the same. Now, however, I feel obligated to my loyal readership (one in particular!) to share a bit more. So here are some random thoughts:

1. I have four followers. When I first saw that, I was ecstatic. Four! Thats four more than zero! I feel very honored that people find my words worthwhile enough to read! Also, I feel kind of popular, which is cool.

Actually, that's the only random thought. Here is a life update though! My family and I took a vacation to Waikiki Beach, which was cool. I'm not a huge fan of writing all about my days and activities, but I thought some stuff was worth mentioning. I tried a lot of new things, including surfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, jetskiing, parasailing, and some other cool stuff. While I tried windsurfing, my sister's board flew out from under her and owned my ankle, which kind of sucked. Unfortunately, that was not the worst thing that happened to me (by really far). While I was scuba diving, which was loads of fun, I sort of sunk into a sea urchin and it pierced my left knee with several of its spines. That was incredibly painful for about three days. I have a picture, but it's on my father's camera (sidenote: photos may be uploaded shortly). The next day was surfing, and I still had trouble walking or bending my knees. It worked out okay, but I got some rashes/burns from the board, which had nothing to do with urchins. Anyway, all in all, the activities in the vacation were pretty fantastic. My mom, though, like a lot of Asian women (and not incorrectly either I suppose), believes the sun is pure badness for the skin. Although I will refrain from commenting on that belief, I did think it was thusly ironic for our family to vacation in...Hawaii, as opposed to maybe Seattle or something. Odd right?

Anyway, there was one pretty cool and unique thing we did. Somehow, an old elementary school classmate of my dad had organized a reunion for their class from like forty years ago in Shanghai, and there he met one of his old classmates who now lives in Hawaii. Just by luck, it happened that their place was just a mile away from our hotel, and also by luck that the house they lived in/house-sat for was Paul Mitchell's (the hairdresser/mogul). It's weird being in a semi-celebrity/really rich person's beach house. It was super nice though! There were lots of pictures of hair, and oddly enough, young nudity. I thought that was pretty weird. Anyway, we ate at this Chinese restaurant after, and it turns out, the Church of Scientology church in Honolulu is in Chinatown. I don't know how important that is, but I thought it was interesting enough to write down and not forget.

Anyway, I hope this was to some degree satisfying! I promise to write more soon, as soon as I think of interesting and worthwhile things to share with you guys.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like Angelo.

Where does it show your followers!!?

Unknown said...

hey i'm back!